Have you ever . . .
- “Prayed in the dirt?”
- Met the real St. Nicholas?
- Sung about giraffes, orangutans, and all the rest of God’s creatures?
- Grown vegetables for the Food Depot?
- Learned all the names of Jesus’ Disciples – and the women who helped Jesus, too?
- And wondered about it all?
United Church children have! We believe that children, as well as adults and youth, are called into relationship with God, other people and all of creation. Throughout the year, in Sunday Children’s Ministry, monthly Family Fun Nights, Children’s & Youth Choir, and regular intergenerational worship services, United’s young ones get a chance to explore the Christian story in many different ways – with songs and books, pageants and puppets, art projects and the Creation Care Garden. They also live out the story of God’s love by learning how to share that love with others, be it by creating Christmas stockings for the guests of St. Elizabeth Shelter or collecting stuffed animals for the Solace Children’s backpack project. You and your children are welcome to join in!
Here’s the Summer Children’s Ministry Schedule:
- 8:30 AM Outdoor Communion for All Ages, with folk-singing (and a short sermon).
- 10:00 AM Worship: Children through the 6th grade join the adults and older youth for singing and sharing God’s gifts, and then go to Children’s Ministry for stories, the Children’s Garden and other projects.
September through May Sunday Schedule
(please check the monthly newsletter for story focus)
- 8:30 AM Communion Service: Children through 2nd grade have Children’s Ministry with Carrie McCabe and join the adults for Communion. Older children are invited to share in the full service.
- 9:45 AM Children’s Games and Music (during Adult Forums): Rachel Baker leads the children in games, both indoors and out. At 10:00, the Kids’ Choir meets in the Sangre de Cristo Room for fun singing-games, learning new songs, and getting ready to sing in 11:00 worship twice a month.
- 11:00 AM Children’s Ministry: Children start with the adults and older youth in the Sanctuary for worship, singing and sharing God’s gifts. Then they go to Children’s Ministry for stories, songs, Children’s Worship and special projects that help them engage the stories (led by Rachel Baker and volunteers).
Special Intergenerational Worship Services
Several times a year (September Fiesta, Thanksgiving, Mardi Gras, Easter, etc.), the children share in the full worship service which is specifically designed to include them with the adults. They also help lead Advent Lessons and Carols, the Epiphany Pageant and Children’s Sundays.
Family Fun Nights (and other times, too!)
Children of all ages (and their parents, too) join in monthly special events like the August “Kick-off Barbecue,” Game Night, Halloween Party, Breakfast with St. Nick, Connecting with Creation, among others. Click here for the monthly calendar.
To register your child(ren) in our Children’s and Youth Ministry, please click on the following link, download the form, fill it out, and then return it to United.
United Church of Santa Fe
1804 Arroyo Chamiso Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505-5733